Sunday, October 3, 2021

Collages- Part 1

 

I started off by going through Popular Mechanics and Popular Science magazines from the 1950's-1960's, looking for trends or things that caught my eye. I noticed most pages contained advertisements and headlines all centered around the idea of "how to make more money." I collected some that caught my attention and assembled them into a collage, combining them with some imagery from modern magazines and online articles revolving around the same subject. 

I made additional collages, each with revolving around a central theme that I had found within the magazines I went through, including cars and space travel. I also made two others using some of the imagery I found. I tried to find things that focused on how people advertised the future, whether that be cool new cars or how to become a millionaire.







No comments:

Post a Comment